I'm Devonna and I am the owner and designer of Funky Olive, a boutique design studio located in beautiful Albuquerque, NM. I've always had a passion for art, so after high school, I attended NMSU where I received my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design. I fell in love with invitation and stationery design when I designed the invitation suite for my own wedding.
I love creating pieces that really speak to the feeling, aesthetic, and overall emotion that a bride is hoping to portray on one of the most important and dreamed about days in her life. The best part of my job is seeing how happy one of my designs makes a bride. There's not much in this world that brings me more joy!
You know that bringing me joy part? Well, there are a few things that make my heart burst with love - my husband and our two little boys are at the top of the list! Being a mom has been the absolute best thing to ever happen to me, and I can't imagine life any other way.
- I'm fluent in sarcasm.
- I became a graphic designer because I freaking love coloring.
- I'm currently obsessed with taupe and gray.
- I'm addicted to fonts and I need all the pretty things.
- I love the paper crafting I get to do for my business, yet I don't scrapbook.
- Mindy Kaling is my hero. She's hysterically funny.